Christ-centered Educational Methods (Pedagogy) - Part I
About the course
This course will aid both homeschool parents and former public school educators in renewing their minds to Christ-centered educational philosophies and methods. This course also is suitable for senior thesis level preparation toward a career in Christian education. If my live times do not match your schedule, I will make arrangements to meet on your schedule. If you prefer an accelerated version of the course to complete in 6 months, we can set the due dates to align with that.
May God bless you, and as Peter said in I Peter 3:8, “knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing.”
Grading rubric: Weekly written work 40%, Live (Recitation) Discussion 40%, 20% Synthesis on final exam. Without Capstone Project, this course is worth 1 credit and is $150.00.
Capstone Project students: The capstone project is weighted double (weekly written work 30%, discussions 30%, 40% capstone project). This course is worth 2 credits with Capstone Project of 10-16 pages (double spaced, 12 point Times New Roman), and is $200.00.
- Awareness of child development stages
- Discernment of postmodernist thought and practice in education
- Recognition of Biblical mandate and practical application/implementation of Christ-centered education, planning, and preparation
- The Seven Laws of Teaching by John Milton Gregory
- Excerpts from Craftsmanship in Teaching by William Chandler Bagley
- Excerpts from An Introduction to Classical Education: A Guide for Parents by Christopher Perrin, MDiv., PhD.
- Excerpts from Recovering the Lost Tools of Learning: An Approach to Distinctively Christian Education by Pastor Douglas Wilson
- Excerpts from the Bible
- Excerpts from the website Nehemiah Institute