Christ-centered Educational Methods (Pedagogy) - Part I
About the course
This is Part I of a year-long course. Part II will be available for either Summer 2024 or Fall 2024. Registration will open for those courses in Fall of 2023.
This course will aid both homeschool parents and former public school educators in renewing their minds to Christ-centered educational philosophies and methods. This course also is suitable for senior thesis level preparation toward a career in Christian education. If my live times do not match your schedule, I will make arrangements to meet on your schedule. If you prefer an accelerated version of the course to complete in 6 months, we can set the due dates to align with that.
May God bless you, and as Peter said in I Peter 3:8, “knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing.”
- Weekly written work 40%
- Live (Recitation) Discussion 40%
- 20% Synthesis on final exam.
This year-long course is worth 1 credit and is $200.00 (1/2 credit and $100.00 per semester).
Capstone Project students:
The capstone project is weighted double (weekly written work 30%, discussions 30%, 40% capstone project), and you will need to register for the Capstone Project separately. Register for Capstone Project Part I here and Part II here.
With Capstone Project of 10-16 pages (double spaced, 12 point Times New Roman), this year-long course is worth 1 credit and is $400.00 (1/2 credit and $200.00 per semester).
- Awareness of child development stages
- Discernment of postmodernist thought and practice in education
- Recognition of Biblical mandate and practical application/implementation of Christ-centered education, planning, and preparation
- The Seven Laws of Teaching by John Milton Gregory
- Excerpts from Craftsmanship in Teaching by William Chandler Bagley
- Excerpts from An Introduction to Classical Education: A Guide for Parents by Christopher Perrin, MDiv., PhD.
- Excerpts from Recovering the Lost Tools of Learning: An Approach to Distinctively Christian Education by Pastor Douglas Wilson
- Excerpts from the Bible
- Excerpts from the website Nehemiah Institute