Story and Speech
About the course
Stories and connections make good speeches. In this course, students will learn how to tell a story and how to develop the story through pathos, ethos, and logos to create a speech that inspires and challenges the audience. Students who take this course will be eligible to compete for the Leonberg Prize for Excellence in Rhetoric.
- Recognize a good story.
- Keep a story/speech journal.
- Translate a good story into a meaningful speech.
- Use verbal and nonverbal cues to create connection and credibility with the audience.
- Develop awareness of emotional appeal and word choice.
- Learn how to evaluate a speech.
- Confidently deliver a speech through an online venue.