Teacher Certification Track 1 - Classical Christian Education
About the course
The Classical Christian School Certification has been crafted to maximize its value to those serving in a Classical and Christian school or homeschooling in the Classical Christian tradition. Individuals in Classical and Christian schools can greatly increase the value they bring to their calling by honing a common set of competencies in areas of the trivium and quadrivium (the seven Liberal Arts). With this goal in mind, the Classical and Christian certificate provides a six-module sequence that enables students to excel in precisely these core competencies and gain knowledge and wisdom from the Great Books.
- Acquire a better understanding of the history, philosophy, and theology of Classical Christian education.
- Become familiar with key authors and ideas within the history of Classical Christian learning.
- Articulate a philosophy of Christ-centered teaching and learning.
- Ravi Jain, Kevin Clark, The Liberal Arts Tradition: A Philosophy of Classical Christian Education (Revised Edition)
- Mortimer Adler, Reforming Education: The Opening of American Mind
- James S. Taylor, Poetic Knowledge: The Recovery of Education
- Various shorter PDF readings will be provided
NOTE: The price is $800.00 for the track. For more information, click the link below.