Teacher Certification Track 3 - Paideia Pedagogy Certification
About the course
The Paideia Pedagogy Certification has been crafted to maximize its value to those serving within a Classical educational setting. This may be homeschool, an online Classical program, an onsite educational institution, and even a consortium. Teachers in these schooling cultures can greatly increase the value they bring to their calling by honing their skills and enriching their understanding of authentic teaching and learning. With this goal in mind, The Paideia Pedagogy Certification provides a six-module sequence that enables participants within this program to excel in precisely these core competencies and gain knowledge and wisdom within the Paideia approach to teaching and learning.
- Acquire a better understanding of the history, philosophy, and theology of the Paideia pedagogical approach to Classical education.
- Become familiar with key authors and ideas within the Paideia pedagogical approach.
- Articulate a philosophy of Christ-centered teaching and learning.
- Mortimer Adler, The Paideia Proposal
- Mortimer Adler, Paideia Problems & Possibilities
- Mortimer Adler, The Paideia Program
- Mortimer Adler, Reforming Education: The Opening of American Mind
- Robert Woods, Mortimer Adler: The Paideia Way of Classical Education
- David Hicks, Norms and Nobility: A Treatise on Education
- James Taylor, Poetic Knowledge: The Recovery of Education
- Manual for Discussion Leaders
- Designing a Paideia Course: A Practical Manual for Classical Christian Learning
- Mortimer Adler’s How to Speak, How to Listen: An Executive Summary
NOTE: The price is $800.00 for the track. For more information, click the link below.