About the course
This course introduces the student to effective composition writing at the collegiate level. Emphasis is placed on critical reading, writing and thinking by generating questions, investigating issues and formulating well-grounded opinions. The prime objective of the course is the composition of a well-researched and written paper of 12-15 pages.
This course is part of a dual enrollment program with Colorado Christian University. Students taking this course will potentially follow a modified academic calendar, and will also need to register with CCU (When registering, identify the courses being taught by Imago Dei Academy, and select those)
Students willing to accommodate a more rigorous academic schedule can receive a considerable discount on package courses. Schedule a free consultation with Kepler’s Academic Advisor for more details.
College Composition is designed to:
- Connect the prewriting exercise with the drafting of a composition.
- Identify the purpose, audience and situation of a given context.
- Analyze the readings of others with critical thinking skills.
- Utilize grammatical and mechanical features in written language.
- Command the vocabulary appropriate to the collegiate level.
- Employ the basic tools necessary research and reference citations.
- Compose a well organized and polished essays and research paper appropriate to collegiate level work.
- Wilson, Douglas. Wordsmithy.
- Any grammar text.