About the course
In this course, students will be introduced to the basics of Latin grammar, composition, and translation through weekly lessons and extensive readings and homework assignments. The student will be asked to memorize vocabulary and understand the grammar thoroughly in an effort to produce cohesive translations. The focus will be on comprehension of the principles of the language rather than mere memorization.
- Learn and apply the six cases of Latin nouns.
- Master and apply the five principles of parsing Latin verbs.
- Master basic vocabulary.
- Understand basic usage of adjectives/adverbs, pronouns, imperatives, infinitives, and more.
- Translate short sentences and passages into English.
- Compose short sentences and passages in Latin.