About the course
This is a course designed to teach students the process of handmaking books. From binding together pages of paper and creating a cover and spine students will learn a step by step way to make various types of books. Students will start with booklet binding and move to creating hardcover books with and without spines. The class requires cutting with a sharp box cutter or exacto knife as well as basic sewing for binding books. Students should create 4+ books by the end of class.
- Students will be able to bind paper pages together.
- They will learn practical and more decorative stitches.
- They will learn to bind with and without tapes .
- They will create hardcover covers for the bound pages some with spines and some without.
- They will create book cloth to cover at least one book in fabric
- See Materials List