Readings in Caesar and Vergil
About the course
This course is designed for students who have already completed two or three years of Latin and who have a very good command of the Latin grammar. While we will no doubt review and talk about grammatical points, our main task will be to read original Latin passages from Caesar’s Dē Bellō Gallicō and Vergil’s Aeneid.
- In this course we will learn about Caesar and Vergil, both as individuals and as writers.
- We will also hone our skills as Latin readers and translators of Latin texts in order to be able eventually to understand and read Latin authors with ease. This course is designed to prepare students for Intermediate or Advanced college classes in Latin.
- A Caesar Reader, ISBN-13: 978-0-86516-696-7 (available at bolchazy.com)
- A Latin Epic Reader, ISBN-13: 978-0-86516-686-8 (available at bolchazy.com)
- Each student should have access to a good Latin grammar and a Latin-English Dictionary (both available for free on the Internet)