Algebra 2 & ½ Geometry
About the course
Algebra 2 & ½ Geometry* is a classical, Christian approach to the liberal arts of mathematics and geometry. Utilizing a state-of-the-art eLearning system for a rigorous foundation of didactic instruction and development of intellectual skills and habits, this course is designed to lead students beyond the grammar and into deeper understanding and wisdom by employing various discussion methods of participation via the canons of rhetoric.
Pre-requisites: Algebra 1 and ½ Geometry**
- To look at mathematics and geometry from a biblical viewpoint.
- To learn, review, and practice rigorous, college-preparatory intellectual skills of learning in the fundamentals of mathematics and geometry.
- To build upon Algebra 1 & ½ Geometry knowledge to gain a grasp of the topics and concepts of Algebra 2 & ½ Geometry*.
- To actively participate in discussions about above topics and concepts.
- To gain understanding and wisdom in the arts of mathematics and geometry using Cicero’s Five Canons of Rhetoric to participate is various methods of discussions.
- Shormann, David, PhD (Algebra 2 with Integrated Geometry Self-Paced eLearning Course, 24-month subscription)
- Euclid (Euclid’s Elements, ISBN-13: 978-1888009194)
- Euler, Leonard (Elements of Algebra, ISBN-13: 978-1508901181)
- Nickel, James (Mathematics: Is God Silent?, ISBN-13: 978-1879998223)
*Complete the 1.0 credit of geometry, which began in Algebra 1 & ½ Geometry. This course offers a 1.0 credit of Algebra 2 and 0.5 credit of Geometry.
** If student has not taken any Geometry, contact instructor for a possible waiver.